Recipe shared by Diana Wilding at Wine and Wellies in Achiltibuie on day 9 of the Culture Kitchen Relay
8 oz self raising flour
4 oz sugar
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1. Sieve flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a bowl
2. Make a well in the centre, add beaten eggs and enough milk to make a thick creamy batter.
3. Beat well and put aside for 15 minutes.
4. Heat a griddle or heavy frying pan, grease with butter and add spoonfuls of the batter onto it.
5. When air bubbles appear turn the scones over with a palette knife or spatula and brown the other side.
6. Place in folded tea towel to keep warm and serve with lemon curd, jam or honey.