Visiting during coronavirus
The Hidden Gardens reopened on Thursday, July 16, giving you a chance to enjoy our sanctuary gardens during these difficult times.
To welcome you back safely we have set up a hand sanitiser station at our entrance. We believe that up to 50 people can safely visit our wild and special plant collections and gardens.
Our new opening days and times are listed below; so come and go as you please. There is no need to pre-book your visit.
The Gardens are still free to visit, you won’t need to pay anything, although all donations are very welcome at this challenging time.
Garden Opening hours in October – December
Tuesday – Friday: 1 – 4pm
Saturday: 11am – 4pm
Sunday: 1 – 4pm
- You should only visit if you can walk, cycle or drive here safely.
- Entry to the Gardens is only via the Pollokshaws Road entrance; please follow the green line painted on the pedestrian walkway, towards the gate entry to the Gardens.
- Please close the Gardens entrance gate behind you for child safety (from moving vehicles in the back yard area).
- Our neighbours, Tramway, are closed so unfortunately there will be no access to toilets, indoor shelter, Tramway café or Tramway bar.
- Our plant kiosk is open until October, with an honesty box for plants and wishing tree tags. Contactless payments via our website donations page are also accepted. Bring a pen to draw/write a wish tag for the wishing trees. Your wish will eventually be composted and forever be held in the gardens.
- The Gardens is a perfect place for picnics- please don’t bring alcohol or barbeques. And please take all your rubbish home with you.
We hope your visit provides much-needed fresh air and respite; come rain or shine!
Help us keep you safe
- Please do not visit the gardens if you think you or anyone in your household have COVID-19 symptoms,
- Throughout your visit, please maintain a 2m distance from other households and staff.
- Once you’re in the gardens, feel free to explore the open green space, diversity of plants and contemplative corners. Some areas of the garden may be closed off to allow staff to work.
- Our facilities do not offer handwashing facilities but there is a hand sanitiser station at our entrance.
For everyone’s wellbeing, please respect our rules.
Code of Conduct
What can I do at The Hidden Gardens?
- admire the plants
- look for beasties
- find a quiet place
- enjoy a picnic
- listen to the birds
For the enjoyment of all please make sure that children under 12 are accompanied by an adult and remember:
- No smoking or vaping
- Assistance dogs only
- No loud music
- No alcohol
- No ball games
- No bikes, scooters or skates
- No climbing, picking or pruning