Visiting during coronavirus
The Hidden Gardens will reopen on Thursday, July 16, giving you a chance to enjoy our sanctuary gardens during these difficult times.
To welcome you back safely we have set up prebooked entry time slots. We believe that up to 30 people can safely visit our wild and special plant collections and gardens.
You must book your time slot before you visit. You can book online through the link below or by calling 0141 433 2722. Please only book tickets for your household.
You won’t need to pay anything, although all donations are very welcome at this challenging time.
Garden Opening hours (16 July – end Aug)
Tue: 11.30am-1.30pm and 2-4pm
Thu: 10am-12pm and 2-4pm
Fri: 2-4pm and 5–7pm
Sat: 11am-1pm and 2 -4pm
- You should only visit if you can walk, cycle or drive here safely.
- Entry to the Gardens is only via the Pollokshaws Road entrance.
- Please don’t arrive more than 5 minutes earlier or later than your timeslot.
- On arrival please wait at the designated waiting area near the Gardens entrance and our staff will check to confirm you have booked.
- Our neighbours, Tramway, are closed so unfortunately there will be no access to toilets, indoor shelter, Tramway café or Tramway bar.
- Our plant kiosk is open with an honesty box for plants and wishing tree tags. Contactless payments via our website donations page are also accepted. Bring a pen to draw/write a wish tag for the wishing trees. Your wish will eventually be composted and forever be held in the gardens
- The woodland glade, at the bottom of the Gardens, is closed for lawn maintenance and to let young plants establish.
- The Gardens is a perfect place for picnics- please don’t bring alcohol or barbeques. And please take all your rubbish home with you.
We hope your visit provides much-needed fresh air and respite.
Help us keep you safe
- Please do not visit the gardens if you think you or anyone in your household have COVID-19 symptoms,
- Throughout your visit, please maintain a 2m distance from other households and staff.
- Once you’re in the gardens, feel free to explore the open green space, diversity of plants and contemplative corners. Some areas of the garden may be closed off to allow staff to work.
- Our facilities do not offer hand sanitiser or handwashing facilities so please bring your own hand cleansers.
For everyone’s wellbeing, please respect our rules.
Code of Conduct
What can I do at The Hidden Gardens?
- admire the plants
- look for beasties
- find a quiet place
- enjoy a picnic
- listen to the birds
For the enjoyment of all please make sure that children under 12 are accompanied by an adult and remember:
- No smoking or vaping
- Assistance dogs only
- No loud music
- No alcohol
- No ball games
- No bikes, scooters or skates
- No climbing, picking or pruning