Visiting during coronavirus
The Hidden Gardens is open, giving you a chance to enjoy our sanctuary gardens during these difficult times. Please visit in line with the Scottish Government Covid 19 restrictions meeting other households, social distancing and travel.
To welcome you safely to the Gardens we have set up a hand sanitiser station at our entrance.
Our opening days and times are listed below. There is no need to pre-book your visit.
The Gardens are still free to visit, you won’t need to pay anything, although all donations are very welcome at this challenging time.
April 2021 opening times:
Tuesday – Friday 10am – 5pm
Saturday 11am – 5pm
Sunday 1 – 5pm
(closed on Mondays)
- You should only visit if you can walk, cycle or drive here safely.
- Entry to the Gardens is only via the Pollokshaws Road entrance; please follow the green line painted on the pedestrian walkway, towards the gate entry to the Gardens.
- You can only currently only visit with the people you live with, with your support bubble or, when on your own, with one person from another household.
- Our neighbours, Tramway, are closed so unfortunately there will be no access to toilets, indoor shelter, Tramway café or Tramway bar.
- Our plant kiosk will open again in spring 2021, with an honesty box for plants and wishing tree tags. Contactless payments via our website donations page are also accepted. Bring a pen to draw/write a wish tag for the wishing trees. Your wish will eventually be composted and forever be held in the gardens.
We hope your visit provides much-needed fresh air and respite; come rain or shine!
Help us keep you safe
- Please do not visit the gardens if you think you or anyone in your household have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please only visit with the people you live with, with your support bubble or, when on your own, with one person from another household.
- Throughout your visit, please maintain a 2m distance from other households and staff.
- Once you’re in the gardens, feel free to explore the open green space, diversity of plants and contemplative corners. Some areas of the garden may be closed off to allow staff to work.
- Our facilities do not offer handwashing facilities but there is a hand sanitiser station at our entrance.
For everyone’s wellbeing, please respect our rules.
Code of Conduct
What can I do at The Hidden Gardens?
- admire the plants
- look for beasties
- find a quiet place
- listen to the birds
For the enjoyment of all please make sure that children under 12 are accompanied by an adult and remember:
- No smoking or vaping
- Assistance dogs only
- No loud music
- No alcohol
- No ball games
- No bikes, scooters or skates
- No climbing, picking or pruning