Showcase environmentally aware gardening practices and skills
Environmental Awareness in The Gardens
- Water Conservation
- No pesticides
- Create compost on-site using various methods, reducing landfill waste and carbon emissions
- Use peat free, green waste composts where possible
- Keep informed of developments in peat free seed composts and trial them
- Make and use our own organic fertilizers and compost
- Investigate organic methods of pest control and use when possible
- Demonstrate effective recycling, reuse and conservation of water
Soils and Compost
Get your hands dirty while investigating the importance of soils and learning how to make the best compost for your garden.
Find out how to take part in soil and earthworm surveys here.
Recyle, Reduce, Reuse
There are many ways to cut down on the amount of waste going into landfill. We do end up with some waste and it is possible to put it to good use in the garden; starting off seedlings, protecting early crops, making bird feeders and wildlife shelters. Click here to find out more.