The Hidden Gardens relies on its excellent team of skilled and committed volunteers who offer their time and expertise to help maintain and nurture the Gardens, carry out wildlife surveys, complete small DIY jobs around the Gardens and Boilerhouse building, help with cookery workshops and assist at events.
As a Hidden Gardens volunteer you will have opportunities to:
• learn new skills and improve your knowledge
• meet new people and make friends
• improve your health and wellbeing
• improve your English (if this is not your first language)
• gain experience to add to your CV
• improve your self-confidence
• use your skills to benefit the local community
• and have fun!
We have a variety of exciting volunteering opportunities:
Come and get involved, meet new people and have fun. No experience necessary. All welcome whatever your ability.
Sunday 25 November 2018 1-3pm
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space.
Greenthumbs- skilled gardening volunteers
Good gardening and or DIY skills? Would you like to join our team of Greenthumbs gardening volunteers to help maintain our beautiful community garden?
Tasks include seed sowing, potting on, planting out, pruning, composting, DIY tasks, dividing plants, spreading gravel, watering and weeding.
Contact Andrea to find out more (contact details below).
Occasional one-off opportunities to assist with events at The Hidden Gardens
Ability to turn your hand to most tasks, adaptable, welcoming and good at problem solving.
Have you visited The Hidden Gardens wildlife areas?
Are you knowledgeable about wildlife surveying, for example bees, beetles, bugs, bats?
Interest in volunteering as a wildlife surveying volunteer? Contact Andrea (details below).
Bring your team (max group size 10) to help support our work:
• It’s a great way for staff to work and learn new skills together
• Make a noticeable difference to a local greenspace that’s open to all
• Enjoy a rewarding day with great job satisfaction
• Get some fresh air
• It will be challenging and fun!
If you are interested in any of the above, please contact Andrea Gillespie, Volunteer Manager email@example.com / Tel: 0141 433 2722