Chickweed Fritters (Forage and Heal)
70g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp grated parmesan
2 tbsp of milk
Salt and pepper
Handful of chickweed – washed and roughly chopped (or use a mixture of leaves e.g. sorrel, mint etc)
Oil for frying
1. Sieve flour and baking powder together.
2. Mix in eggs and add a little milk if mixture is very stiff.
3. Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Mix in chopped chickweed.
5. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan.
6. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into pan and turn once they are golden underneath.
7. Cook for a further minute or so.
8. Serve hot with a little haw sauce.