Bramble Vinegar (Forage and Heal)
Use within 12 months. Use as a salad dressing with a little oil, as a marinade, pour over ice-cream or yoghurt, or dilute with hot or cold water for a revitalising drink.
600ml white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1. Put brambles in a large bowl with the vinegar and crush lightly with a wooden spoon.
2. Cover the bowl and leave for 4-5days, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour the fruit and vinegar through a scalded jelly bag or muslin. Leave to drip overnight, and squeeze a little if you like.
4. Measure the liquid and for every 600ml fruit vinegar add 450g sugar. Heat gently to dissolve.
5. Bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes and pour into sterilised bottles or jars.