*Jams and Jellies* Green Tomato Chutney
2-3 chillies, halved
1.5kg green tomatoes
900g cooking apples
1.75 litres white wine vinegar
450g demerara sugar
juice of 2 lemons
25g mustard seeds
1. Bruise ginger and tie in muslin with chillies.
2. Slice the tomatoes.
3. Peel, core and chop apples.
4. Put all these and remaining ingredients into a preserving pan.
5. Stir over a low heat to dissolve sugar then simmer for 2 hours, uncovered until rich and thick.
6. Remove muslin bag and put chutney into warm, sterilized jars, cover and seal.
7. Leave to mature for a couple of months before opening.
Once opened store in fridge.