The Hidden Gardens is a family friendly space which we welcome children and adults of all ages to explore. The main family activity that we run on a weekly basis is our Parent and Toddler Group, where you can enjoy educational creative fun with your child in a safe and nurturing surroundings.
The Parent and Toddler Group…
• meets on Thursdays from 1 – 2.30pm in the Boilerhouse (see schedule below for 2013 dates)
• is for children aged 0 – 5 years old and their parent/carer
• is a drop in group, so no need to pre-book
• costs 50p / £1 requested donation
• offers opportunities to meet families from diverse cultural backgrounds
• enables you to get out of the house, make friends and share experiences of child-rearing (good and bad!)
• can help improve your self-confidence as a parent
• can help you find out about other services and activities happening in the local area
• can help improve your skills and knowledge of fun activities you can do at home with your child
• can help improve your child’s social skills and help prepare them for nursery
What happens each week?
• There’s time for you to sit and have a chat with other parents while your children play and make new friends
• There are practical activities such as arts and crafts, gardening or games for parents and children to do together
• There are regular movement and storytelling workshops, in addition to parenting or health advice sessions
• We always finish each session with some songs and nursery rhymes
2013 dates for your diary
• Thursday 22 August – Thursday 10 October
• Thursday 24 October – 12 December
Interested in joining us?
There is no need to book a place, just come along at 1pm. The group operates on a first-come first-served basis and sometimes fills up quickly so please be prompt.
Other activities for families
Keep an eye on our Events calendar for details of family workshops and events, or join our mailing list to keep up to date.
NOTE TO PARENTS
To ensure that the Hidden Gardens is a safe and tranquil space that can be enjoyed by all our visitors (big and small) we kindly ask parents to supervise their children at all times. We are currently developing a Gardens Code which sets out guidance on how we hope visitors will use and respect the space, and we welcome your input to this process. If you have any comments or ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to refer a client who might need some additional support please contact: Donna Borokinni – email@example.com / Tel: 0141 433 2722