• brings women, and more recently, men, of all backgrounds together to learn, share and celebrate through food.
• is about a lot more than just cooking! It’s an opportunity to make new friends, improve and learn new cooking skills, share recipes and stories, improve English, to meet people from a variety of cultures and it is a space to have fun.
• cooks in a communal and supportive environment where everyone is viewed as having something valuable to contribute.
• caters for events in the Gardens such as Interfaith Week, Refugee Week, International Women’s Day, Glasgow Harvest, international conferences, and exhibition openings.
• has cooked literally thousands of recipes since its beginning in 2006; take a look at a selection of the recipes online.
• has opportunities for Volunteer workshop assistants, who offer peer support to other women within the group whilst building their own skills and confidence.
Feedback from participants:
I love coming to this cookery group as I have made friends here and as we have a common interest they’re going to be long lasting friendships. I’ve learned new skills, tasted amazing food and had a great opportunity to share my skills and experiences. I also love being here as I can fully be myself with no worries, which is great after spending all my time with a toddler whose hobby is climbing everything!
Coming to this class I have learned that deep down we are all the same no matter where we come from. We share all the same joys and sorrows and we make each other smile.
Women’s Cultural Cookery 2017 *DOWNLOAD THE MOUTHWATERING RECIPE BOOK HERE*!
January-March 2016 Recipe Book
October-December 2015 Recipe Book
July-September 2015 Recipe Book
January-March 2015 Recipe Book
Women’s Cultural Cookery, and Men’s Cultural Cookery Classes are held in the Boilerhouse at The Hidden Gardens, Tramway, 25 Albert Drive, Pollokshields, Glasgow G41 2PE
Limited creche places for children over 12 months old