Code of conduct
Hidden Gardens Code of Conduct
The Hidden Gardens has a responsibility to all visitors to provide an environment that is acceptable to everyone, encourages an atmosphere which does not offend visitors’ values or beliefs and therefore upholds our mission: ‘to improve the quality of people’s lives and create a common ground where people can come together to share, learn, play and celebrate’.
We consistently aim to maintain high standards and do not permit the following within the Gardens;
• Alcohol (patio only and managed by Café staff)
• Smoking (outwith the designated patio area)
• Ball Games (eg. football on the lawn)
• Dogs (except guide dogs)
To ensure the health and safety of visitors we ask that everyone respects and shows due consideration for the Gardens by;
• Not climbing on trees/plants/walls/structures
• Sticking to designated paths
• Using bins provided
• Not paddling/swimming in the Rill
• Not throwing stones in the Gardens/Rill
• Not drawing on any Gardens Structures or Paths
• No unauthorised access to the Nursery/Glasshouse areas
Ensuring that visitors are free to relax, the following activity is not permitted;
• Erection of temporary structures (e.g. tents)
• Moving of patio furniture to other locations in the Gardens
• Rehearsals for Tramway shows without prior approval
• Unauthorised access to Gardens out with published opening hours
Please note; Members of the public are permitted to have picnics in the Gardens in line with the above exclusions. Visitors to the Gardens should make use of the toilet facilities provided within the Tramway building. Children under 12 must be accompanied at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and the Hidden Gardens reserves the right to deny any person(s) entry to its premises. In addition to this, any person who persistently ignores any of the above may be asked to leave/escorted from the premises.